Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Downtown OKC Christmas 2009



This is my Christmas Card for all of you who kindly drop in to Doug Dawgz Blog from time to time. Words are few but pretty pictures are plentiful of the city that we love. The file will take a bit of time to load so be patient. After the flash file has loaded, music and navigation controls add to the enjoyment. I've also added the individual photos in individual graphic files, below. Enjoy!

I may add more links to and embed some videos from other internet sources from the Oklahoma City metro, such as the one below ...

Downs Family Christmas. You want to see some utterly incredible Christmas lights and displays? You want to see one that is 300 feet wide, the length of one standard football field? If so, there is only one place to go ... the Downs Family Christmas website or actual location shown in the map below:


This gives you an idea of the sweeping size of the project ... this is only the Christmas tree at the east end ... being constructed and then illuminated ...
If you can't make it there, check out their videos located here. A screen capture of one of the videos is shown below.


Better than a still-screen capture, here is one of their more serious Christmas (i.e., what Christmas is actually about) videos ... others there are more playful ... but this is the one that captured me ... fall on your knees, oh hear the angel voices ... oh light divine, when Christ was born ... I know it sounds silly to say, but in this process I may actually have become a Christian again ... as I once was ... and, I think, am again, if God will have me ...


Go here for others and also this location for several others.

Individual Photos. The individual files used in the flash show at the top are presented here. Click on any small picture for a larger view.

Broadway
Sandridge Tree
Devon Ice Rink
Myriad Gardens
Bricktown

When one gets down to the point,
Christmas Is About The Birth of the Christ Child ...



To all who read this, I wish each and all of you a very merry and holy Christmas season! Holy crap! Though testing will be required to be sure, it appears that that I may have some telltale signs of being, yet again, a religious person ... I wouldn't have used the word "holy" a season or two ago. Today, I do. God is good. I wish a blessed Christmas to you all.

Go To Top

3 comments:

NR said...

Wow Doug. Excellent post. Now I can cancel my plans to go out and take pictures of all the lights, since you did it for us!

I especially appreciated the part about the Christ. I know we've agreed to disagree on religion in the past, but I'm excited for you. It gives me hope that I can take in lots of life experiences and change my views on religion as I go, getting wiser and wiser each time.

Merry Christmas Doug!

Doug Dawg said...

Thanks, Nick. All one can do about religion is to try and keep an open mind and heart ... not always easy ...

Merry Christmas to you, too!

Anonymous said...

Doug,

What great pictures of Downtown in December! Thanks so much for sharing these.

Kim